We are looking for a Mortgage Loan Underwriter to assess financial risk of a real estate mortgage loan file through documents provided from the borrower, Third Party companies, and technology that Rodeo Lending utilizes.
- Develop and Maintain knowledge of all Rodeo Lending Underwriting policies and procedures, utilizing this knowledge to underwrite files and assess risk.
- Review borrower and property related documents. These documents include, but are not limited to loan applications, appraisals, credit reports, title reports, income and asset related documents.
- Consistently complete efficiently underwriting job responsibilities.
- Complete an analysis on each file to make a risk determination and approve loan files to fund.
- Complete with efficiency all duties and responsibilities as required and requested.
- B.A. or B.S. 4 year degree helpful.
- 3+ years of underwriting experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail.
- Outstanding project management skills, ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workflow and assignments in a deadline-oriented environment, resolve complex problems and escalate as necessary.
- Must have financial related skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office, Excel
- Individuals must be a self-starter, problem solver, creative, and determined to help the company stand out and grow in a competitive environment.
- Ethical Conduct at all times.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $70,000.00 per year
Paid time off
Rodeo Lending is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome applications from all qualified people regardless of sex, religion, race, sexual orientation, age, or disability.